Status of multi-monitor support

Aike J Sommer dev at aikesommer.name
Thu Oct 9 19:42:52 CEST 2008

> > Anyway, I'll re-apply the workaround patch I sent before, to see if it
> > is still useful (it reconfigured all the screens instead of
> > reconfiguring only one when adjustSize was called). If it works, it
> > might be a good idea to include it until a kephal is moved out of
> > playground.
>
> i guess that brings us back to the real question: is kephal going to make
> it for 4.2? if so, let's not spend our time on workarounds, but on getting
> kephal and plasma working together.

I'd love to get it ready for 4.2, there's still some stuff to be taken care of
though!

Im not really sure what the next steps should be. It shouldnt be that much
work to get kephals signals hooked into plasma, but where should i start with
that? Create a copy of plasma(-the-app) in playground? Or only work locally
and send diffs to the list?
It would be nice to get some additional testing on different setups in, since
im sure that there will be issues coming up!

Plus im really not gifted with creating good looking interfaces, which heavily
effects the applet! ;-)

And: What would be needed for a 4.2 release? I still havent gotten around to
creating a kcm-module and legacy xinerama is missing too! (theres always the
QDesktopWidget-fallback, so it really shouldnt make things worse)

Well, so much for now!
:-)