more task-refactor issues

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Sun Oct 5 23:23:21 CEST 2008

On Sunday 05 October 2008, Christian Mollekopf wrote:
> Multiple Row Support
>
> The multipleRow support currently works like this that you can set a

i agree with Marco's input on this.

> Only Group when full (library)
>
> -Should a taskbar be considered as full (for the group only when full
> option) if the first row is full, or if both, rows and columns are full?

all full imho

> The popupMenu seems quite convenient to me. Unfortuantely i wasn't able to
> implement a BasicMenu on rightclick on a popupmenu entry but this should be
> ready with the "fancy way" as marco pointed out.

when the user right clicks on a group, we can show a menu populated with each
entry as a submenu with action ites.

> Expanded Group
>
> Since the current behaviour isn't working anymore with more than 1 row
> we have to change it (exept we want to have different behaviour if 1 rows
> or more are chose..) Ideas:
> -popup which overlays existing tasks
> -"zooming in" -> replace the rootGroup layout by the group layout

one possibility is to just give N columns to the expanded group, to a maximum
of maxColumnsPerRow.

> Show only minimized(iconified) tasks:
>
> -should we add this functionality?

yes. this is just library work, though, so shouldn't be too hard to add this
kind of stuff now =)

humru othro a kohnu se