Plasma sucking up huge cpu seems to be a repainting problem

Jim Russell bodlytoo at gmail.com
Thu Oct 2 21:06:41 CEST 2008

On second look, this did not fix the issue.  systray-refactored had a lot of
visable repaints happening that went away when I loaded the kdebase systray
instead.  But the high cpu usage by plasma was still there.  Recompiling
kdebase with the panel.cpp fix in revision 866998 brings the repaint issue
under control.

Jim

--
Roasting them almost as fast as they come