bug update

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Wed Nov 19 21:43:53 CET 2008

On Wednesday 19 November 2008, Guillaume Pothier wrote:
> 2008/11/19 Aaron J. Seigo <aseigo at kde.org>:
> >> - Cashews on both horizontal panels are positioned to the left end of
> >> the panel.
> >
> > nothing to do with multihead.
>
> Actually I was having a look at this problem (for me the cashew
> appears on the left for both the panel and the desktop), and it seems
> it does have something to do with multiple monitors.

this doesn't really explain why it goes to the left on my single-screen
laptop, right? =) or why it starts out on the right, and then goes to the
left? also, it isn't aligned to the screen, it's aligned to the containment
itself.

> After removing my
> external monitor, it seems that the toolbox still tries to reposition
> itself on screen #1, ie. it asks for the geometry of screen #1. As the

for the containment still associated with that screen, i can imagine. plasma
does not destroy the containment just because the screen goes away!

so we probably first need a check to make sure that the screen id is valid.
makes sense.

> screen doesn't exist anymore, Kephal returns a 0,0-0x0 geometry, thus
> the placement of the cashew. Funny thing is that killing and
> restarting plasma many times, sometimes the cashews appear at the
> right place (so the toolbox asks for screen #0), and sometimes on the
> left.
> So I guess the view is trying to show the wrong containment, or
> something like that.

guessing will kill us. look at the debug output, it will tell for sure.

humru othro a kohnu se