bug update

Guillaume Pothier gpothier at gmail.com
Wed Nov 19 21:31:17 CET 2008

2008/11/19 Aaron J. Seigo <aseigo at kde.org>:
>> - Cashews on both horizontal panels are positioned to the left end of the
>> panel.
>
> nothing to do with multihead.

Actually I was having a look at this problem (for me the cashew
appears on the left for both the panel and the desktop), and it seems
it does have something to do with multiple monitors. After removing my
external monitor, it seems that the toolbox still tries to reposition
itself on screen #1, ie. it asks for the geometry of screen #1. As the
screen doesn't exist anymore, Kephal returns a 0,0-0x0 geometry, thus
the placement of the cashew. Funny thing is that killing and
restarting plasma many times, sometimes the cashews appear at the
right place (so the toolbox asks for screen #0), and sometimes on the
left.
So I guess the view is trying to show the wrong containment, or
something like that.