KDE 4.2 Toolbars

JJ email.ajj at gmail.com
Fri Nov 14 14:43:18 CET 2008

Well, I (and possibly everyone here too) think user should miss as little
information as possible. For that, I guess this "hide few labels 'till fit"
option is good.

But, alongside it, we had a default layout proposal that would help that to
happen a little less (that is, if this layout doesn't get enough room for
buttons and labels, *then* labels could go getting hidden - but we would
possibly lose less labels).

However, I'm sorry if I missed it along this thread but I think that
proposal ( http://dropbox.nilux.org/test.png , mockup sent by nilux,
yesterday) wasn't discussed at all (I guess Anne's doubt about font's
settings blurred it - or I really missed it) ...

So, if not discussed, I'm joining these two proposals as one (that layout as
default and, not fitting, hide labels, one by one, 'till fit), so user miss
less labels. What do you think?

Janz
"Eu sou a ressurreição e a vida. Quem crê em mim, ainda que morra, viverá; e
todo o que vive e crê em mim não morrerá, eternamente. Crês isto?"
O Senhor, Jesus Cristo - Jo.11:25-26