dict plasma applet

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Mon Nov 10 20:17:08 CET 2008

On Monday 10 November 2008, Nick Shaforostoff wrote:
> So I'll just import my dict plasmoid to its repository
> (qstardict.sf.net) renaming it from dict to qstardict and release it
> separately as part of qstardict.

looking at qstardict it seems to be a full application with plugins for
stardict and web based dictionaries. writing an engine around it would, i
imagine, involve linking in a number of the C++ files that go into the app
directly into the DataEngine?

looking at it, it seems that really only the DictPlugin class would be needed,
strictly speaking.

it's a little unfortunate in the sense that i doubt as many people will end up
using it that way (some of the popular distros don't even have qstardict
packages), though it would be cool to see plasma stuff outside of KDE's
repositories as well.

so .. yeah .. it's your code, do as you will. pease don't remove the dict
engine from kde's svn, however, as that would break functionality people are
already using.

personally i really don't see why you couldn't just put a dependency on the
qstardict plugin and pull it in that way. you don't need the rest of
qstardict, just that one lib.

note that the web plugin for qstardict is pretty much useless to us as it uses
QHttp and is blocking at that.

humru othro a kohnu se