plasma, panels, colours

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Fri Nov 7 23:53:24 CET 2008

On Friday 07 November 2008, Marco Martin wrote:
> it's still work in progress, the margins are slightly wrong, and will make
> normal and iconified ones maybe a bit more different but i think it's
> already a bit more happy :)

yes, this is a nice step in the right direction imho. it really doesn't solve
the issue of not being able to see the other task buttons, the system tray,
the pager, etc.. so while this is an interesting improvement, it also doesn't
deal with the base issue.

namely that not having any distinction between the background and the
foreground makes it all background.

if you can, imagine how much better it would look if there was some contrast
in hue such that each component can be clearly seen instead of one big muddle.

right now i'm sitting in a room where the sun in coming through the windows
and i honestly can't see very well half the dividing areas on the panel, e.g.
the systray, the pager, the tasks.

the idea of giving these things nice borers is really great, now we just need
to be able to actually *see* them.

right now it's too subtle. and not only the selected window. every item.

the selected window was a specific example; you've addressed that by adding
some contrast. now we just need a *general* solution for all the other
boundaries that remains subtle but increases definition.

alter the background a bit so it isn't a block depressing black isn't exactly
astounding or rocket science.

humru othro a kohnu se