plasma, panels, colours

Stephen marsmissionaries at gmail.com
Fri Nov 7 23:05:08 CET 2008

On Friday 07 November 2008 11:36:58 am Riccardo Iaconelli wrote:
> On Friday 07 November 2008 18:24:38 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > sigh ok, so if we change the colours of all the windows in kde4
to be
> > black, we're all good?
>
> Theoretically yes... practically we can't do that because of the
base color
> (the bg color of textedits, lineedits, etc...).
>
> If it was for non complex windows, e.g. dialogs, black would look
extremely
> good and usable. I remember some experiments being made,
and even jriddell
> who was just lurking saw a screenshot and said "wow, that looks
amazingly
> usable".
>
> Bye,
> -Riccardo

I do not agree, black windows are very harsh on the eyes. Just like
with white windows it is hard to see and causes eye strain.
Something in the middle (a medium gray like we have now) is
perfect.

There are not extremes, and it contasts well. Please do not change
the color of windows.