taskbar: onlyGroupWhenFull

Michael Rudolph michael.rudolph at gmail.com
Sun Nov 2 00:58:46 CET 2008

On Sat, Nov 1, 2008 at 23:10, Zack Rusin <zack at kde.org> wrote:
> On Saturday 01 November 2008 13:44:32 Michael Rudolph wrote:
>> I think, the solution would be to agree on some fundamental concepts
>> of how a user's desktop (and his mobile phone, his entertainment
>> system, car, ...) work and then tackle the problems in front of us,
>> because caring for the usability of taskbar grouping today is like
>> trying to make it convenient to choose a caliber: to shoot yourself in
>> the foot.
>
> No, that's a terrible analogy. This is not what this discussion was about

You are right. Shooting oneself is terrible; but the analogy was quite fitting.

> anyway. We're talking about sensible defaults for the things we /have/.
> And while we definitely need to look at how to improve the desktop experience

How would that work? It is sure disturbing when I interfere with
day-to-day development discussions, and I'm sorry if I did, but I'd
like to know where or when the community starts looking into improving
the desktop experience. There seems to be quite a reluctance to engage
in such discussions. So if you, as a rather prominent member of our
community, could tell me how it's done, I'd be very grateful.

Thanks,

michael