taskbar: onlyGroupWhenFull

Zack Rusin zack at kde.org
Sat Nov 1 23:10:46 CET 2008

On Saturday 01 November 2008 13:44:32 Michael Rudolph wrote:
> I think, the solution would be to agree on some fundamental concepts
> of how a user's desktop (and his mobile phone, his entertainment
> system, car, ...) work and then tackle the problems in front of us,
> because caring for the usability of taskbar grouping today is like
> trying to make it convenient to choose a caliber: to shoot yourself in
> the foot.

No, that's a terrible analogy. This is not what this discussion was about
anyway. We're talking about sensible defaults for the things we /have/.
And while we definitely need to look at how to improve the desktop experience
in general, that process can't be in a way for having a working desktop right
now.