review of tabbar

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Thu Jul 31 09:51:29 CEST 2008

2008/7/30 Sebastian Kügler <sebas at kde.org>:
> On Wednesday 30 July 2008 22:48:40 Marco Martin wrote:
>> after the last changes i feel the tabbar widget is pretty much done, of
>> course tons of bugs/misbehaviours that i didn't noticed but yeah :)
>
> The tabbar test applet looks really nice, but of course I haven't used it for
> something to code yet. The animation of the button is really sweet, btw.
> Downside is that now the tab switching is not as smooth, would it be an option
> to have a transition effect on the tab as well, maybe blending a into b, or
> fade out - fade in ...
as the fade in i don't know is really possible to set the opacity of
entire qgraphicswidgets? (at least not methods i know, i'm missing
something?)
there is an ifdeffed out sliding effect that looks a bit bad due to
the qt bug http://trolltech.com/developer/task-tracker/index_html?id=220488
(proxy widgets in the pages and tabbar itself disappears during
sliding due to clipping and some elements like scrollbars are not
clipped at all so they appears for a moment outside it)
i could put the tabbar out of the clipped widget so at least that
would look good, the page under the tab during the animation would
still look so-so if proxywidgets, hmm, booh :)

Cheers,
Marco Martin