libplasma in 4.2: binary compatibility and moving to kdelibs

Rob Scheepmaker r.scheepmaker at student.utwente.nl
Wed Jul 30 12:34:16 CEST 2008

On Tuesday 29 July 2008 19:04:27 Alexis Ménard wrote:
> i'm for an another API review...Akademy is near and it can be done
> quickely. Is Rob Scheepmaker comes to Akademy?

I'm also for another round of api review. Personally I didn't even expect binary compatibility to be
guaranteed until at least after 4.2. And having the initExtenderItem virtual function in Extender would
also be a real PITA... I'd say, break bc one more time now that we still have that chance.
Unfortunately I won't be coming to Akademy. I already had my vacation in hungary planned during that
time. Are there any plans for a plasma sprint or something like that? I'd love to be at some api
brainstorm session.... If some of the plasma devs would stay for one more day at Akademy, I could even
make it (I'll be coming back home the last day of akademy).

About the kdelibs question, I don't really have an opinion. Besides sounding like a more logical place,
I haven't really got an idea what the technical advantages are.