little control icons everywhere

pinheiro nuno at oxygen-icons.org
Wed Jul 23 22:00:44 CEST 2008

A Wednesday 23 July 2008 20:26:34, Aaron J. Seigo escreveu:
> On Wednesday 23 July 2008, Marco Martin wrote:
> > now, trascuring for a while how the handle will actually be done, i would
> > really like to see something like that implemented,
>
> agreed
>
> so.. enumerating the possibilities:
> > i am thinking to make Plasma::Icon support single ids inside a bug svg
> > with many of them, and then we define a set of standard ones (not many
> > around ten or so)
>
> * add some new icons to the icon theme spec
>
> * ship application icons with plasma and use KIconLoader as is
>
> * allow themes to add icons of their own, and add these directories to the
> application's icons section
>
> which one we do depends on a few things:
>
> * do these icons really belong to specific themes, or not?

yes I think so, this icons are qquida dependent on the theme they are very
small and work well couse of great contrast but that depends on the theme.
so yes i would say they belong on the theme.

if they were oxygen icons i would have to make them in a much more complex way
couse i dont have control over theyr becground. and so the contrast they
might have.

This would be just a very small set of icons, 10 or so they are very easy to
make and i think theme creators will apreciate that...

> * do we need/want these icons as svg's (more overhead) or can we get away
> with png's instead?

the only advantage here would be that if you zoomed the icon it would not be
pixilated, but in this case its mostly the same thing. size wize maybe the
png will be smaler but bowth are realy small in any case ...

--

core oxygen icon designer