little control icons everywhere

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Wed Jul 23 21:26:34 CEST 2008

On Wednesday 23 July 2008, Marco Martin wrote:
> now, trascuring for a while how the handle will actually be done, i would
> really like to see something like that implemented,

agreed

so.. enumerating the possibilities:

> i am thinking to make Plasma::Icon support single ids inside a bug svg with
> many of them, and then we define a set of standard ones (not many around
> ten or so)

* add some new icons to the icon theme spec

* ship application icons with plasma and use KIconLoader as is

* allow themes to add icons of their own, and add these directories to the
application's icons section

which one we do depends on a few things:

* do these icons really belong to specific themes, or not?

* do we need/want these icons as svg's (more overhead) or can we get away with
png's instead?

humru othro a kohnu se