How to write simple plasmoids?

Stephen Kelly steveire at gmail.com
Tue Dec 30 17:38:14 CET 2008

Hi,

I'm trying to lower the barrier to entry to KDE contribution by documenting
a path from no experience to valued contributor.

http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/Contributor Paths

The developer path is at its 'easiest' when there is no compilation involved
and you don't need to build trunk before getting started, so I've started
that with plasma plasmoid scripts and kross scripts.

However it's currently just a stub as there is no information out there on
how to build plasmoids beyond 'figure it out for yourself'.

I'm currently getting started on other areas of this concept. Can someone
who already has the knowledge pick this up, and get hello world on there?

http://techbase.kde.org/Paths/Developer/Creating_plasmoids_with_scripts

Thanks,

Steve.