getting started with plasmoid development

Alex Merry kde at randomguy3.me.uk
Thu Dec 18 19:19:19 CET 2008

On Thursday 18 December 2008 03:56:21 D. R. Evans wrote:
> Aaron J. Seigo said the following at 12/17/2008 05:57 PM :
> >> find an example of a python plasmoid that uses a SignalPlotter the way
> >> that I could for the DataEngine, though, so I have nothing to steal and
> >> no documentation to get an understanding of what SignalPlotter does and
> >> how to
> >
> > ah, it's just a graph ... basically, you call addPlot for each line you'd
> > like it to graph; then you call addSample whenever the data updates =)
>
> Man, that's sparse information. Who knows how I might want to plot the
> information once I see what's available (I mean, there must be parameters
> for colours, styles, etc.) Where's the source for SignalPlotter? At least I
> should be able to figure out the API from that (I'm assuming that because
> you didn't say "go look at URL <something>", that there isn't any useful
> documentation).

Dox are at http://api.kde.org/4.x-api/kdelibs-
apidocs/plasma/html/classPlasma_1_1SignalPlotter.html.

Source is at
http://websvn.kde.org:80/*checkout*/trunk/KDE/kdelibs/plasma/widgets/signalplotter.h
and
http://websvn.kde.org:80/*checkout*/trunk/KDE/kdelibs/plasma/widgets/signalplotter.cpp

api.kde.org and techbase.kde.org should in theory provide you with all the
info you need, but websvn.kde.org is good when those don't have what you need.

If you're willing to update the signalplotter docs with whatever info you feel
would be useful, that would be really helpful.  You can just attach the
relevant text to an email and I'll update the api docs.

Alex