Review Request: Make folderview follow some guidelines

Celeste Lyn Paul celeste at kde.org
Sun Dec 14 17:09:35 CET 2008

On Sunday 14 December 2008 10:34:22 Artur Souza (MoRpHeUz) wrote:
> Hey!
>
> On Sun, Dec 14, 2008 at 12:00 PM, Fredrik Höglund <fredrik at kde.org> wrote:
> > The warning that the desktop folder will be created when the user selects
> > "Show Desktop folder" in the config dialog was carefully worked out in
> > coordination with our usability experts, so I thank you for not removing
> > it.
>
> That's why we are discussing this here and didnt commit
> anything...from aseigo's point of view it shouldnt never create
> automatically the folder thus making the warning useless.

Because he doesn't want to promote the use of the Desktop folder? Personally,
I agree and strongly dislike the use of the Desktop folder, but it is still
part of the xdg folder spec isnt' it?  I think it is a better idea to actively
support it than allow users to configure it passively as another folder. But
whatever the boss says I guess.

--
Celeste Lyn Paul
KDE Usability Project