Review Request: Make folderview follow some guidelines

Artur Souza (MoRpHeUz) morpheuz at openbossa.org
Sun Dec 14 16:34:22 CET 2008

Hey!

On Sun, Dec 14, 2008 at 12:00 PM, Fredrik Höglund <fredrik at kde.org> wrote:
> The warning that the desktop folder will be created when the user selects
> "Show Desktop folder" in the config dialog was carefully worked out in
> coordination with our usability experts, so I thank you for not removing it.

That's why we are discussing this here and didnt commit
anything...from aseigo's point of view it shouldnt never create
automatically the folder thus making the warning useless.

And about the patch itself, a lot of discussion happened in #plasma
with two different groups and too diferent ideas in two different
days. The bug reports and these discussions shows that we need to do
polish some stuff here.

> Your patch doesn't change the fact that the folder will be created when
> the user selects that option, you've merely changed the default preference
> when the user hasn't configured anything.

The folder isnt created when it doesnt exist, just tested that. It
shows a big red "X" with the label: "The file or folder XXX does not
exist." Can you tell the steps to reproduce it here ?

Ah, btw I couldnt find your username at reviewboard and thus couldnt
cc you the patch.

Best regards,

Artur Duque de Souza
OpenBossa Research Labs