multi-screen fixathon

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Mon Dec 8 19:50:34 CET 2008

On Monday 08 December 2008, Hans Chen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Twinview here. I have some problems with moving widgets across the screens:
>  - If I drag the handle, the widget gets dropped when it's over the
> containment on the other monitor (without me releasing the mouse button)
>  - If I drag by clicking on the widget, it "disappears" when dragged to the
> next monitor. It looks as if the widget is behind the containment.

these two problems are not unique to multiple screens, but to inter-
containment drag and drop handling.

> Running trunk from yesterday. The Nvidia driver I use is quite old (from
> 2007), and I have my main monitor on the right ("TwinViewOrientation"
> "RightOf") which may be quite unusual.

that's great. set ups like that are useful for testing the genericity of the
code.

> Unfortunately I'm quite busy the coming weeks, but I'll try to help out as
> much as I can. My nick is Mogger on IRC (#plasma), just ping me if you want
> to reach me that way.

look for us on wed-fri in #plasma =)

> The ZUI still has some problems with multiple monitors in my opinion. It's
> hard to know which containment the other screen will get when you zoom in.

it will zoom in to whatever containment it was previously viewing. is that
mysterious?

> Shouldn't the two containment be handled as one activity?

an Activity *is* a Containment (+ some context, such as the name) so that's a
nonsequitor.

humru othro a kohnu se