Panel background - mask problem

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Mon Dec 8 10:09:11 CET 2008

On 12/8/08, Aaron J. Seigo <aseigo at kde.org> wrote:
> On Sunday 07 December 2008, Ivan Čukić wrote:
>  > In those cases, panel (including all the icons on it) will be cut in
> those
>  > places where the background SVG is ~100% transparent.
>  >
>  > Any thoughts on this?
>

> i don't think you'd want to use the standard PanelContainment to get a dock
> like that (reflection, etc), and so the problem becomes moot in that case.
> =)

i agree that a panel like this would probably have its own containment
for various issues transparency and a background like that maybe could
be done with framesvg, but the result would be so so

aaanyways, using an hnint for the mask would be sensible, like using
hint-mask-prefix- when found and the usual way when not, that would be
99.9% of the times

Cheers,
Marco Martin