Plasma::RadioButton cannot be AutoExclusive?

David Baron d_baron at 012.net.il
Sun Dec 7 13:01:12 CET 2008

On Sunday 07 December 2008 12:03:24 Ben Cooksley wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am developing the KuickQuiz plasmoid ( currently very alpha in
> playground/base/plasma/applets/kuickquiz ) and use Plasma::RadioButton
> to allow the user to choose the multi choice answer they want.
> However, I have ran into the issue of despite 4 Plasma::RadioButtons
> having the same parent, the radio button itself is never auto
> exclusive, so when the user changes their mind, the answer does not
> automatically switch to the newly chosen choice, and both become
> chosen so the user could potentially cheat and choose all of the
> choices.
>
> Can anyone give me an insight into why this is happening? could it be
> because they are all individually parented to seperate
> QGraphicsProxyWidgets?
>
> By the way, creating a Plasmoid has been a very easy experience, and
> 4.2 Plasma rocks! (running trunk)

First I head of these. So ... we have QRadioButton, KRadioButton and now
RadioButton from plasma.

1. How can I get these "plasma" widgets into qt designer to use them. Yes, I
can do a global replace and get rid of all th Qs and Ks, huh?

2. Are these any better or more well behaved than their counterparts?

3. I have a problem with icons and Q...buttons. A direct setIcon(QIcon(.....
is a sure fire crash out. Setting icons in the designer uses qPixmap routines.
In a cmake build, where might I find these functions? Can I use icon names and
let KDE skin 'em if I use the Plasma buttons instead of the others?