Res: Review Request: This patch add an easy way to up/down brightness only scrolling on battery plasmoid top.

Michael Rudolph michael.rudolph at gmail.com
Wed Dec 3 16:12:02 CET 2008

On Mon, Dec 1, 2008 at 19:12, Fabrizio Montesi <famontesi at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Monday 01 December 2008 18:50:18 dantti85-dev at yahoo.com.br wrote:
>> >sorry, what does moving the mouse wheel over the battery icon have to do
>> >
>> >at the very least it requires onscreen notification, but it really seems
>>
>> I do agree, and imho it could be changed to do another thing, like changing
>> power profiles WITH a on screen notification. this makes much more sense to
>> me, what about that?
>
> IMO changing a power profile is an important thing, which i'd really like to
> avoid doing by mistake by rolling my mouse wheel. More importantly, a
> "battery" doesn't really ring a bell for "screen brightness" and/or "power
> profile". Changing something by moving the mouse wheel over a battery is
> something I wouldn't expect.

Hello everyone,

Fabrizio is absolutely right. The only sensible thing to happen upon a
mouse wheel event on the battery applet would be to magically recharge
the battery. ;-)

Doesn't the little XO do something like this? Let you mechanically
recharge the system by turning a little crank?

Just kidding.

michael