tasks widget hacking

Alexis Ménard menard at kde.org
Tue Dec 2 13:01:58 CET 2008

On Tue, Dec 2, 2008 at 12:02 PM, Christian Mollekopf
<chrigi_1 at fastmail.fm>wrote:

> Am 02.12.2008, 11:43 Uhr, schrieb Marco Martin <notmart at gmail.com>:
>
> > On Tuesday 02 December 2008, Alexis Ménard wrote:
> >> And the layout is recreated again and again, i am sure we can find a
> >> solution for that.
> >
> > time ago i tried to remove that thing, it resulted in empty holes still
> > sized
> > as there were items in it, so then tried with a simple qt program and the
> > problem wasn't there, so it must be a problem somewhere in
> > layoutwidget.cpp,
> > but it's pretty complex, really wasn't able to track it down
>
> Since i did most of this stuff i should attend the meeting as well =)
> Good for me is between 20.00- 24.00 GMT+1, today for instance would be
> good.
>
> The layout recreation is a workaround since the QGraphicsGridLayout
> doesn't remove the items properly.
> I think Aaron and Marco agreed on this workaround an we will have to keep
> it that way until it's fixed in QT.

If the problem is in Qt then i will fix it, it's my job. And removing items
should work and must work...
I have already used QGraphicsGridLayout and it should work as far as i know
and the last time i used it.
Anyway if the bug exist why don't you write to the support of Qt Software
about that?
I have actually screen all QGraphicsLayout tasks and there are no such of
things. So the bug will never be fixed if it exist.

Anyway i will take a look at it...