[patch] PlasmaApp::adjustSize with multiple monitors

Aike J Sommer dev at aikesommer.name
Sat Aug 30 10:19:23 CEST 2008

Am Samstag 30 August 2008 04:24:41 schrieb Guillaume Pothier:
> > Aike, how can I test your work? I mean, I see it in playground and can
> > probably compile it, but can you explain a bit what it does and how it
> > works (from a user's point of view)? Or is that documented somewhere
> > already?

If you run kephald it will query your connected monitors and set them up in a
matching configuration. Since its your first time you run it, there are no
remembered configurations, so it will just choose a default one to match the
number of monitors.
It will also change the configuration for you if you plug or unplug a monitor.

You can then, with the applet, resize monitors or move them around, which will
be saved in the configuration and restored whenever you happen to have the
same monitors connected.
This isnt really well tested at the moment, but resizing should work always
(if possible on the framebuffer) and moving should work at least for most
setups.

I'll post a more detailed description in a new thread later...
:-)

> I talked too fast... I cannot compile it.
> It seems FindKephal.cmake is missing?

It should be installed along with libkephal
(screenmanagement/kephal/libkephal):
INSTALL (FILES FindKephal.cmake DESTINATION share/apps/cmake/modules)

Even though i'm not sure this is the right way to get it where it is actually
picked up by cmake, it just worked on my system.

Anybody have any hints on this??
:-)