Question about C++ vs. Python/Ruby/JS plasmoids

Paul B happysmileman at googlemail.com
Wed Aug 27 17:26:08 CEST 2008

On Wednesday 27 August 2008 07:07:50 Arne Babenhauserheide wrote:
> I have one real-world benefit: Because I can (as of now) only write
> meaningful stuff in any workable time-frame using Python.

Main benefit I can think of is that when the plasmoids are scripted and don't
need to be compiled you can add them straight from the internet using the "Add
Widgets..." dialog, into your home directory. I don't think that counts as "I
prefer Python".

Of course this isn't necessary for core plasmoids, since they should be
available to all users anyway, same with plasmoids that accompany software
like KGet or KTorrent.