network dataengine in kdereview

Kevin Ottens ervin at kde.org
Tue Aug 26 00:05:40 CEST 2008

Le Monday 25 August 2008, Aaron J. Seigo a écrit :
> On Monday 25 August 2008, Gerhard Gappmeier wrote:
> > Hi Aaron,
> >
> > I just took a quick look at the code.
> >
> > If noticed that readNumberFromFile() and readStringFromFile() are using
> > fopen to access the file.
>
> the only place that those are used is actually commented out right now;
> they are used for statistics liket tx/rx/etc. that needs to be ported to
> ksysguard or dropped.

I'd say they'd better be dropped for now (I mean they're unused ATM, and
available in the history if we need to bring them back later).

> personally, i'm not sure we need those stats here and that they may be
> better served by either being in another engine or by being separate
> sources in the same engine.

Well, it'd probably make sense to have them in a more "ksysguard like" engine.
In fact if they're removed from this engine it'd probably make sense to also
increase the minimumPollingInterval (twice a second right now, it seems a bit
high to me).

Regards.
Ne font reculer l'ignorance."