plasma-mid (Mobile Internet Device)

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Mon Aug 25 13:56:16 CEST 2008

On Monday 25 August 2008, Ivan Čukić wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> > Ivan has worked on a similar concept for a project he is working on; it
> > is in playground/plasma/applets/embedded-ivan/titlebar/ .. we should look
> > into Ivan's work here.
>
> I was planning to separate the 'control bar' as you named it into multiple
> parts - i see no reason to force-merge the icons, title, clock, systray
> into one applet.

they won't be mereged into one applet, they'll be housed within the same area,
Containment-like. so we will re-use battery applet as-is, for instance (though
probably with different artwork), but have its geometry maaged by the systray-
tng area.

the point of this is to allow some of these icons to be hidden/shown on demand
so they aren't always on-screen taking up space.

humru othro a kohnu se