plasma-mid (Mobile Internet Device)

Kevin Ottens ervin at kde.org
Mon Aug 25 11:24:32 CEST 2008

Le Monday 25 August 2008, Marijn Kruisselbrink a écrit :
> Apart from the keyboard-open/-close events all the hardware buttons on the
> N810 are not 'special' in any way, they just send 'normal' F1,F2,F3,...
> (not sure about the exact numbers) and ESC events. So is something special
> really needed for this? I guess there might indeed be to make the same code
> work also on other devices where the hardware buttons are handled
> differently...

Even the power, volume up/down (also used as zoom depending on the context),
lock, and fullscreen buttons?

That's the ones I have in mind. I didn't check yet if they send proper X11
events or are handled differently. In any case they would probably need to be
abstracted away since we've no guarantee another device would handle similar
keys in the same way.

Regards.
Ne font reculer l'ignorance."