plasma-mid (Mobile Internet Device)

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Mon Aug 25 10:21:06 CEST 2008

On Monday 25 August 2008, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> hi all..
>
> Control Bar
> =======
> this will contain a title for the current application and buttons for home,
> put away and quit. it will also contain on the right hand side the MID
> system tray, which actually won't really be a system tray as much as a
> place for really small applets (battery, network status, etc).
>
> Ivan has worked on a similar concept for a project he is working on; it is
> in playground/plasma/applets/embedded-ivan/titlebar/ .. we should look into
> Ivan's work here.

thoughts on control bar..
should be a containment always on top like a panel that contains 2-3 applets,
ve talked about a kind of tabbar that switches, betweenthe launcher, a widgets
area, running application list etc...
so i was thinking (and half implemented) about a tabbar that switches between
the available containments that are shown in the main view (heck this thing
would be nice also in a desktop)
a problem i have for that is how to reliably retrieve the main fullscreen view
and not pick the wrong one, like trying to switch the containment in a
panel :)

Cheers,
Marco Martin