network dataengine in kdereview

Gerhard Gappmeier gerhard.gappmeier at ascolab.com
Mon Aug 25 09:14:19 CEST 2008

Hi Aaron,

I just took a quick look at the code.

If noticed that readNumberFromFile() and readStringFromFile() are using
fopen to access the file.
1.) For passing the filename as character string, it uses
QString::toLatin1()
This will not work if the filename has any special characters that don't
fit into the local character set.
QString::toLocal8Bit() would do that job.

2.) Why using fopen at all? I think using QFile would be more consistent
to the rest of the Qt code.
But this would be more cosmetic change, becasue fopen should be portable
too.

regards,
Gerhard Gappmeier