System tray rewrite ready for review

Dmitry Suzdalev dimsuzkde at gmail.com
Thu Aug 21 09:31:47 CEST 2008

On Wednesday 20 August 2008 16:43:45 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> * we need to start thinking about merging this widget with the
> notifications widget...
Again, I'd say that I have no clear vision on what is planned. Me and Jason had a
chat on irc about this and iiuc he has no clear understanding either (but that may
have already changed :) ).

So, hey, i-was-at-Akademy guys, could you please-please describe how do you envision
this merge? :) Perhaps by describing different situations and how applet should
behave or maybe doing a quick mockup.

Do understand that when i hear "oh, they should be merged" or "notifications should
be shown instead of icons" or "systray changes, notify applet should be made
iconless", I have a hard times trying to see the whole picture :-) Perhaps it's only
me, i'm not sure :-P

Cheers,
Dmitry.