System tray rewrite ready for review + portability?

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Mon Aug 18 14:59:14 CEST 2008

On Monday 18 August 2008, Richard Moore wrote:
> On 8/18/08, Gerhard Gappmeier <gerhard.gappmeier at ascolab.com> wrote:
> > independent from your changes I see a problem with the X11 includes.
> > KDE4 should run on any OS including Windows and this includes break
> > portability.
>
> This is probably destined to be part of the workspace/plasma rather
> than plasma libs, so there is no requirement to be portable to non-X11
> platforms.

correct; i expect there to eventually be a set of widgets specifically for
windows (as well as for mac and unix) ...

in any case, what you really want to do in this case is create a class for
system tray icons on windows in the new systray widget that gets built if on
windows. but that's really up to the windows team; most of us have no access
to windows development systems at all..

humru othro a kohnu se