Wallpaper class; API review requested

Petri Damstén petri.damsten at gmail.com
Wed Aug 13 14:27:49 CEST 2008

On Monday 11 August 2008 16:31:11 Kevin Ottens wrote:
>  * Depending on what we figure out regarding what the modes are, it might
> be worth it to have a small "WallpaperMode" class (it holds already three
> properties, and could grow).

Now that I have learned how Actions work in desktop file I think this would be
enough: QList<KServiceAction> renderingModes() const; and modeName + modeIcon
could be removed.

I'm currently working on Desktop Settings -dialog and converting
Image/Slideshow to a plugin and have couple of questions:
- Should wallpaper plugin rely on that parent in createConfigurationInterface
has applyClicked() and okClicked() signals like applets do?
- Should the wallpaper plugin configuration be containment specific (I think
yes. Would be nice to be able to have different background on different
screens.)? If yes plugin needs a way to get containment config group where to
save it's config.

Petri