Concept Video about future of web - but looks lot like way of Plasma

Hari krishna Anandhan harikrishna.anandhan at gmail.com
Thu Aug 7 20:34:12 CEST 2008

> in any case, yes, they are trying many similar concepts, only with the usual
> hand waving, lack of realism and reliance on hardware that is not available.
> like BumpTop is looks neat but is completely unrealistic for real usage imho.

true. Exactly why usually "concept" videos are cool but don't get
implemented mainstream...!

One of the things that struck me in the video is the concept where the
active windows are shrunk and a surrounding black area having current
activities are shown.

Now that we are planning Kwin and plasma interaction for 4.2, would it
be useful if we show such a surrounding black area with activity
related tasks (Add activity, etc) with the various activities taking
the middle space grid effect?