System tray issues (WAS: Re: KDE/kdebase/workspace/plasma/applets/systemtray)

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Wed Aug 6 03:20:59 CEST 2008

On Tuesday 05 August 2008, Jason Stubbs wrote:
> > can you please add it to qt-copy/patches for now, unless somebody comes
> > up with a proper fix?
>
> There's no way it will go upstream, so adding it to qt-copy is not such a
> good idea. Adding a single line to plasmaapp.cpp can restore 4.4.0
> behaviour anyway.

i'm on the fence. i don't want to break other things .... but then i think
xembed is, in general, amazingly stupid for something like a desktop shell
service and so if it breaks things what do i care.

it won't actually break anything we use now, and the current state does break
the systray, so ...

humru othro a kohnu se