System tray issues (WAS: Re: KDE/kdebase/workspace/plasma/applets/systemtray)

Jason Stubbs jasonbstubbs at gmail.com
Wed Aug 6 03:06:23 CEST 2008

On Wed, Aug 6, 2008 at 2:47 AM, Dirk Mueller <mueller at kde.org> wrote:

> On Tuesday 05 August 2008, Matthias Kretz wrote:
>
> > Here's the last remainder of the above merge that I needed to see the
> > systray icons:

I noted in another commit, but thanks (again) for tracking this down!

> can you please add it to qt-copy/patches for now, unless somebody comes up
> with a proper fix?

There's no way it will go upstream, so adding it to qt-copy is not such a
good idea. Adding a single line to plasmaapp.cpp can restore 4.4.0 behaviour
anyway. Whether it should be done that way or not is being discussed on
plasma-devel at .

--
Jason Stubbs