Notify applet borders issue

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Sun Aug 3 18:37:05 CEST 2008

On Sunday 03 August 2008, Dmitry Suzdalev wrote:
> Hi guys!
>
> At the moment I consider Notify applet to be in usable state and I want to
> move it to kdebase (through kdereview) as Aaron suggested once.... But!
>
> There's one issue that I want to solve before doing this.
> As I figured out - it's difficult to catch all people that I want on irc,
> and often they're busy with smth other, so I'll just write to the ML :)
>
> Thing is that with current state of things (that came to applet from
> ruphy's great mockup), bottom border of each notification is painted w/o
> roundish edges. This gives a "stacked" look to the bunch of notifications
> and is generally nice, but it works only in special cases:
>
> 1. Panel is 100% width
> 2. Panel is at bottom
>
> Otherwise it looks not very nice:
> When 1. is not in place, you can see what happens here:
> http://s58.radikal.ru/i162/0808/93/bc2797ab934b.png

this actually doesn't look as bad as i thought it might. i'd say this one is a
non-issue.

> When panel is not at bottom things look weird too:
> http://s52.radikal.ru/i138/0808/71/6900ef2a4391.png

this is the one that looks a bit odd. the solution is pretty easy though: use
the panel that is associated with the location() of the applet. that way the
straight edge will always be pointed in the correct direction. the good news
is that i don't think we really need to do anything special for left/right,
just something different for top vs bottom.

humru othro a kohnu se