After KDE 4.1 release: GHNS and other issues

Richard Dale richard.j.dale at gmail.com
Fri Aug 1 18:28:02 CEST 2008

On Fri, Aug 1, 2008 at 5:15 PM, Jamboarder <jamboarder at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Some plasmoid developers would really like to use all the power the C++
> plasma API provides and may not be interested in distibuting them in
> kdeplasma-addons.

Well I'm interested in knowing what is missing in scripting applet apis
compared with  C++ plasma API, so we can either add the functionality to the
scripting API or agree that it is really a C++ only sort of thing. That's
why I'm keen to get the GHNS stuff infrastructure working and have users
writing plasmoids in scripting languages (and C# too), and not just C++.

-- Richard