Kickoff multiple columns

Ivan Čukić ivan.cukic+kde at gmail.com
Fri Aug 1 09:59:22 CEST 2008

Hi,

I haven't noticed this thread till today.

I will not make any comments regarding the proposition, it looks OK.

Concerning the fade-out of ends of items in Lancelot
(http://www.comp.ufscar.br/~talvik/kickoff/20080729_applications_browsing3.jpg)

one way would be the Aaron's proposition of painting gradient above
the text. In my case that wouldn't work since I have a custom SVG
background for the items. So, what I do is paint the text and
/compose/ it with the gradient.

The code you seek is in:
.../lancelot/libs/lancelot/widgets/BasicWidget.cpp
function name is paintForeground(...)
pay attention only on d->innerOrientation == Qt::Horizontal parts only.

For the sample of the code with only gradient-over-the-text, see the
Applet Browser.

Cheerio!