GSoC project

Casian Andrei skeletk13 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 18:03:02 UTC 2012

2012/2/27 Cristian Stoica <crististoica.cs at gmail.com>

> My name is Cristi, I am a final year student at the Politechnic University
> in Bucharest (Computer Science) and I would like to apply to this year's
> GSoC program. I am particularly interested in the idea of creating the unit
> tests for the phonon library, as I have experience with C++ and Qt and I
> find this idea very challenging and useful for the community. Could you
> tell me if this is an important project for this year for KDE?
>
> Hello, Cristian

Looks like we are colleagues, I'm a final year student too. That's if
you're not pursuing master's degree now. What is your specialization?

Unfortunately I can't give you a response about the importance of Phonon
unit tests for KDE, since I have no idea, but I'm sure they are important
for Phonon. But they should be properly implemented, since if they lack in
quality, then they are useless.

Like Trever, I encourage you to visit #kde-multimedia on Freenode, but ping
me too (skelet).

Regards,
Casian