Hi Guys,Does anyone know how to support subtitle by phonon?

Harald Sitter sitter at kde.org
Thu Jun 30 11:28:55 CEST 2011

On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 11:12 AM, W W <linuxmeego at gmail.com> wrote:
> I mean the subtitle like srt, smi, ass/ssa and sub/idx files.
> Does phonon support these subtitle files? Or phonon provide any API for
> this?

There is no explicit API for this, but I know that Phonon VLC supports
it implicitly by calling setCurrentSubtitle with a subtitle descriptor
that has the property "type" set to "file". Then Phonon VLC will try
to load a file (which is expected to be set as the property "name").

Whether or not Phonon GStreamer supports it I could not tell out of
the top of my head, you'll have to wait for Trever (master of phonon
gstreamer) to find time to reply.

At any rate, through the rework of MediaController I already mentioned
there also will be a more sophisticated subtitle control.

regards,
Harald