Phonon's backends to JACK.

Mark Constable markc at renta.net
Sun Jun 12 06:45:28 CEST 2011

On Sat, 11 Jun 2011 03:32:21 PM aCOSwt wrote:
> => I am trying to make so the other backends (vlc and gstreamer)
> output to Jack.
> Well well... Some help would be... hmmm... helpful !

I'm using KDE 4.6.4 and trying to do the same thing as I don't want
Pulse on my system at all. My phonon-xine 4.4.4 package is working okay
and allows me to use Dragon at the same time as SMplayer set to the
"jack" audio driver. For me, phonon-vlc 0.4.0 shows a jack option in
the KDE phonon config panel but just locks up anything trying to use it.

phonon-gstreamer 4.5.1 no longer has any Jack option.

Just saying, my phonon-xine package still works directly with Jack.