phonon-gstreamer and alsasrc

david.lanzendoerfer at o2s.ch david.lanzendoerfer at o2s.ch
Sun Jun 5 00:33:10 CEST 2011

> It seems to me that your patch doesn't link the datasource with the
> decodebin,
> but that line is commented out. Any particular reason?
Yes. Because the whole application didn't even come to open the window.
The whole audio system hang instead of decoding the binary stream.

> Also, how did you test the patch? I know that we currently don't have a very
> good audio capture demo in our sources, so we've been looking to find someone
> to help contribute one.
I wrote a small application called PhononTV which extracts audio and video
from my bt878 tuner and card and plays them by using "Phonon::MediaObject"s

> If you'd like, you can join us in #phonon on irc.freenode.net and we can help
> you troubleshoot.
Ny nick is leviathan.
Just query or highlight me :-)

-lev