phonon-gstreamer and alsasrc

Trever Fischer tdfischer at fedoraproject.org
Sat Jun 4 21:16:24 CEST 2011

On Friday, May 27, 2011 05:56:57 PM David Lanzendörfer wrote:
> Hi
> I tried to add an alsapipe to the mediaobject abilities but I have to give
> in that I don't understand fully how GST works for successfully
> implementing it.
>
> I made a patch for how far I got. Perhaps someone of you could take a look
> and tell me where my error lays?
>
> It doesn't even fuck up but neither does it pipe ANY sound.
> I know it looks awful to you but perhaps you have an idea how to make it
> work.
>
> thx and best regards
> -lev
Whoah, shoot, seems your patch slipped past me. Terribly sorry about not
quickly getting back.

It looks more or less exactly how I'd write it and is overall a good patch.
The code style is a bit off, but that makes it fit right in with the rest of
pgst :P

It seems to me that your patch doesn't link the datasource with the decodebin,
but that line is commented out. Any particular reason?

Also, how did you test the patch? I know that we currently don't have a very
good audio capture demo in our sources, so we've been looking to find someone
to help contribute one.

If you'd like, you can join us in #phonon on irc.freenode.net and we can help
you troubleshoot.