[phonon-mplayer] Problem in Windows XP

Tanguy Krotoff tkrotoff at gmail.com
Mon Jun 21 11:41:30 CEST 2010

Hi,

Sorry I was in holidays for the last 10 days.
Current repository for phonon, phonon-vlc and phonon-mplayer is
located here: http://gitorious.org/phonon/
For phonon-mplayer there is almost no differences between the git and svn repos.

Under Windows XP do you get the same problem with SMPlayer?
Could you send me the mplayer log of SMPlayer and then from
phonon-mplayer (the line where mplayer.exe is being called with
parameters)

You can play with the parameters given to mplayer.exe by modifying the
MPlayer config file (more infos here:
http://gitorious.org/phonon/phonon-mplayer/blobs/master/mplayer/libmplayer/MPlayerConfig.h)
MPlayer config file should be located somewhere like C:/Program
Files/SMPlayer/mplayer/mplayer/config
Then you will be able to specify the video output driver using
vo="driver" (you can test with vo="null"). Try with vo="direct3d" (the
new Direct3D driver for Vista/Seven)
More infos on MPlayer config file on google:
http://www.google.fr/search?sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=mplayer+config+file

FYI the parameters given to MPlayer are coded here:
http://gitorious.org/phonon/phonon-mplayer/blobs/master/mplayer/libmplayer/MPlayerLoader.cpp
line 143 method MPlayerLoader::readMediaSettings()

On Sun, Jun 13, 2010 at 5:40 PM, Ben Lau <xbenlau at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>    Recently I made a simple video player for windows with using the
> newest phonon-mplayer from svn. However, I found that there have a
> problem in Windows XP. The color of video is invalid. I am not sure
> that the video is covered by a white semi-transparent layer or simply
> the white balance is incorrect. (See my attached images) . There have
> no problem in Windows Vista and 7 with same binary. Anybody have idea
> on the cause of problem?
>
> Thanks for any advise.
>
> The information of tested machine:
>
> Motherboard: Asus M4N68T-M
> CPU: AMD X3 425
> Onboard : NVidia GeForce 7025 NVida / NForce 6303
> DirectX version : 9.0c

Tanguy Krotoff <tkrotoff at gmail.com>
+33 6 68 42 70 24