Phonon

Martin Sandsmark sandsmark at samfundet.no
Wed Jul 21 13:27:16 CEST 2010

Hi!

On Wednesday 21 July 2010 12:05:51 Craig Thomas wrote:
> I am looking into doing a little work in my spare time on the phonon,
> backend. In particular sorting out, the configuration of surround sound,
> and applying different mixer effects based on application. E.g, Amarok,
> upmix where needed to surround, while leaving other applications alone.

Awesome! :-)

> Can you recommend where to start and what IDE you lot are using so that i
> can fit in easier.

Well, I just use vim (a pretty text editor), but I can recommend both
QtCreator and KDevelop as IDEs, with KDevelop being the most advanced and
feature-rich, while QtCreator lacks some features but also has a bit more
"polish". I think QtCreator is also best supported on platforms such as
Windows and OS X.

If you have any more questions, please don't hesitate to ask!

--
Martin Sandsmark
Phonon Maintainer