xine backend equalizer plugin [patch]

Artur Szymiec artur.szymiec at gmail.com
Fri May 15 16:28:55 CEST 2009

Hello everybody,

in attachment please find a patch that add equalizer plugin to the xine
backend.
Equalizer is a 10 band equalizer with preamp control (all band ranges
-15db to +15 db).
I've tested it with qt example media player (it's enough to add an
Effect to the path and EffectWidget to control it).
The equalizer code (original by Anders Johansson) was taken from
audacious player.
In my humble opinion it's one of the best linux equalizers around.

Question may arise why not to use xine internal equalizer.
Well in my opinion this equalizer is a crap (I beg pardon xine
developers) in the meaning of resulting sound feeling.
Also because the xine engine doesn't expose it equalizer like a plugin
(it's a fixed part of the engine),
incorporating it to the phonon can be tricky and will require some hacks
(I've made one try and gave up finally).

Of course testing is wanted - any comments are welcome :)

So enjoy - I hope this code can get into next Phonon release.

With best regards

Artur Szymiec

Omnes Vulnerant Postuma Necat ...
Registered User No 397465
GNU/Linux Linux 2.6.28-12-generic x86_64
(K)/(U)buntu 9.04