Some general issues with Phonon...

Tanguy Krotoff tkrotoff at gmail.com
Sat Apr 19 16:04:42 CEST 2008

On Fri, Apr 18, 2008 at 9:18 PM, Ian Monroe <ian at monroe.nu> wrote:
>  Heh why did this become a discussion of KDE on Windows?

Sorry for that. By re-reading my answer I over reacted. KDE on Windows
is a subject that interest me highly.

>  And no I'm not interested in gaining mad-marketshare for Dragon Player
>  by releasing a Qt-version. I developed it as a video player for the
>  KDE platform. It needs Solid for important functionality anyways.

I understand that. I ask this question since I would like to test my
backends with a complete media application, not just my small tests.
I have a laptop with a small hard drive and for many reasons, even if
I have been using Linux for years, I spend much of my time developing
under Windows XP.
Do you know if DragonPlayer has been reported working under KDE Windows?
I plan to switch SMPlayer to Phonon, but it is a lot of work...
http://smplayer.sourceforge.net/
SMPlayer is a pure Qt app and it's gaining popularity over VLC under
Windows. The goals of SMPlayer are in opposition to DragonPlayer. It
has a lot of advanced features while (from what I read) Dragon Player
wants to stay a simple KDE integrated media player "that works out of
the box". So there is definitly space for both.

--
Tanguy Krotoff <tkrotoff at gmail.com>
+33 6 68 42 70 24