Phonon

Thierry Bastian thierry.bastian at trolltech.com
Mon Oct 22 12:52:55 CEST 2007

Hello Jean-Baptiste,

backends.

First let me thank you for the interest you're showing in Phonon. We surely
all know VLC ;-).

To answer your question:
1. Yes the user will have the opportunity to choose the backend that's
loaded. At least that's the plan. For now the backend name is hard-coded.
But this is only temporary.
2. The licence of Phonon is LGPL, like the rest of the kdelibs.
3. For the "Qt part of Phonon", Matthias Kretz was the creator of Phonon but
we're now collaborating. If you have questions, you can ask about them on
the phonon-backends at kde.org list.

Best Regards,
Thierry